Pitsford Hall, Northamptonshire
Each year around Whitsun (the eighth Sunday after Easter), pilgrimages were organised from most Polish communities throughout the UK to two Polish boarding schools, one at Pitsford Hall for Girls, Northamptonshire, and the other at Fawley Court for Boys, near Henley on Thames. These annual gatherings had not only a religious significance, but were also important socially.
Pitsford Hall was a private residence and estate until it was sold to the Polish Order of the Holy Family of Nazareth, which set up the Holy Family of Nazareth Convent School in 1947, run by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, as a Polish school for emigrant children.
The school closed in 1984 and the estate was subsequently sold to the Northamptonshire Independent Grammar School Charity Trust Ltd, which opened a new school in September 1989, the Northamptonshire Grammar School (now Pitsford School).